The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Daring Bakers - Sept. Challenge: Lavash Crackers & Dip

This month's challenge, hosted by Natalie (Gluten A Go Go) and Shel (Musings From the Fishbowl) was Lavash Crackers and Dip of choice. To my fellow members... sorry it's a day late! Post dates have usually been on Sundays so I had planned to baking today and posting today. But when I was looking at some others' blogs I saw the crackers posted yesterday and immediately went back to double check the date. Oh no! It was Saturday and not Sunday! Well, it was already late at night, and I know my fellow bakers are forgiving (^_^), so here it is one day late...

New cracker recipes are always fun to try, I've tried saltines and oyster crackers before, so I was happy about this month's challenge. The recipe was quite simple. But I didn't roll it out thin enough so it wasn't "thin crispy" but more "thick crunchy." My dip was flavorful so I left the crackers plain, just a sprinkle of some sea salt. My dip, more like a "salsa", is a medley of black beans, feta cheese, mint, and tomatoes. No measurements, just what I had around. Added a little salt to taste, and a drizzle of olive oil to tie it all together. This "dip" is actually great as a side dish all on it's own. I can just sit and eat a bowl of this stuff, it's that good...
The crackers were cut with a pastry cutter, into little triangles. Since the dip was totally up to our own creations, it's really neat to read about the other baker's solutions to this challenge. You can check out the fellow bakers here.

No comments: