The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Everything" Trail Bars


I wanted to make bars that weren't baked, but rather a trail mix just clumped together. I found this recipe that seemed to fit the bill, and it was nice because I was just able to mix in whatever I had (and what needed to be eaten). My substitutions were that I used soy nut butter instead of the peanut butter and changed the mix-ins. Here's what went in: 1/2 c sunflower seeds, 1/2 c. raisins/dried blueberries, 1 c. sliced almonds, 1 c. rice crispies, 2 c. homemade granola, 1/2 c. honey roasted soy nuts, and 1/2 c. dried cranberries. Spread into a 9x13 pan, I got 20 bars that were chewy and tasty. Next time I'll try adding some chocolate chips and whole almonds.

No comments: