The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Storm #4


There had been a series of storms this week, the first three weren't bad at all but the fourth one, man, that one dumped a whole lotta snow.

Usually snow storms cause blackouts, this one last a day and a half. Blackouts are fun in their own way, we ate dinner by candlelight.


Having already prepped curry, I had to cook rice in a pot. This had never gone right for me, too hard, burnt, or just gooshy. But this time it actually came out really good. So good that my girls say it tasted better than when rice is cooked in the rice cooker!



Made some vegetarian curry, usually our curries always have meat in them, but with the recent changes of my girls going vegetarian, I made it with lots and lots of veggies.



Having no TV nor video games, we entertained ourselves making funny faces.


















The next morning the sun was out and was absolutely beautiful.






So we went sledding in our backyard. We're getting spoiled, being able to sled without driving anywhere. ^_^














No comments: