The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Garden

I'm happy that I have a halfway decent amount of things growing this year and looking good with a promising harvest. (In the past I'd only get one weak looking veggie per kind.)
Shiso...the seeds had spilled over from last year's plant and just exploded.







These Japanese cucumbers were started from seed. Five of them sprouted and looking healthy.


Can't wait for this little guy to get bigger. There's about five little guys right now.



Satsuma-imo, Japanese sweet potato. Took one I bought at a store and soaked it in water till it started to leaf. Cut them up into about seven separate plants and planted them. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.


Myoga with a little shiso on the side.











Basil.







My raised bed down below in my backyard. Got a yellow pear tomato, a red cherry tomato, and some sort of pink tomato. Also a watermelon, carrots, pumpkins, more sweet potatoes, Anaheim peppers, and red onions. In a separate raised bed I got some radishes and korean melons going. Hope we don't have early snow. That would suck.







No comments: