The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Homemade Laundry Detergent

My first attempt at laundry detergent. Only four basic ingredients: laundry bar soap, baking soda (was supposed to use washing soda, but accidentally bought the wrong thing, although I've found some recipes calling for baking soda), borax, and water. It didn't turn out the way I thought it would, after the 24-hour rest period, some of it solidified and created a layer on top. But if I shake the bottle before each use, it might work. For less than $1.50, it made 2 gallons. Next time, I'll try the washing soda.
Had kept some bottles and filled them up. Will do laundry tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed...
One day, my parents forgot to put detergent in their washer, and the clothes still came out clean. Makes you wonder... I figure, if the clothes aren't heavily soiled, this detergent should do the trick. We'll see...

No comments: