The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Unexpected Turn of Events

Funny how there are these unexpected turns in life that brings you to a place you'd never expect you'd be. For me, it has been mtn. biking. About 12 years ago, I was in a mtn. bike accident, going downhill my bike slipped and I hit my head on a rock which cracked my helmet and left me unconscious. For nearly a decade after that, I didn't ride a bike except to ride to the bathroom and back at David's bike races. I was just terrified to ride a bike. And now, I'm in training to race my first bike race, the Idyllwild Spring Challenge. Racing is the last thing I thought I'd be doing. Being a newbie, I'll stick to a short course, 9.5 miles, but I'll be racing alongside Emi, who's raced the 7-mile course last year. We pre-rode the shorter course today, and we had a lot of fun. We just cruised and didn't worry about going fast. And to David's pleasure, I'll be rockin' a singlespeed. Now, how this did happen?





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heck Yeah!!!