The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Homemade Sausages & Buns


Tried making sausages again. Last time was a little dry so I added some pork fat, but it was still dry. Maybe I need to grind my own pork instead of getting ground pork from the store. This little gadget I got is neat but needs some extra hands to make it work. Abby and Emi were glad to help. I couldn't of done it without them.


Made some hot dog buns to go with them, used a hamburger bun recipe but just shaped them into logs.



I made a double batch of dough so with some of them I tried making cheese breadsticks, like the ones from Costco. Just sprinkling cheese on top didn't do it, I need to add something to the dough. But it sure looks nice.

1 comment:

Epävirallinen mielikuvitusystävä said...

Maybe dry, but they look really nice sausages, though. I'm not really a big fan of sausages, but they look really authentic -rustic - handmade - french - and beautiful (?). You seem to be really advanced cook.