The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Daring Bakers - Oct. Challenge - PIZZA!!!

Pizza was this month's challenge, hosted by Rosa's Yummy Yums. I was pretty stoked when I found out. Sweets are great, but something that can become a regular dinner food are always good. Turns out, pizza dough had never been a DB challenge. As usual, I waited till the last minute, but it made for a good dinner tonight.
Part of the challenge was the requirement that we "toss" it like real pizzaiolos. This part was pretty fun. I had my kids take pictures, but it was so hard to get the timing right, especially with a digital camera and shutter lag. We tried to time it, ok 1-2-3-go!
I think I tossed it too many times, it got pretty thin and started to tear. It sure does make you admire the skill of those guys at the pizza place.



Here's Abby helping with the cheese and the toppings.















Since it makes 6 pizzas, we decided to make one each. This one's Abby's. Olives, cheese, basil, and shredded salami.


Sage's is cheese and pineapple.
And David's is cheese and shredded salami. Mine is pictured at the beginning of this post: goat cheese, basil, and tomatoes. Emi missed out on this one, she's camping at Joshua Tree with her school. But I froze two balls of dough for when she's back. I really enjoyed this challenge. The kids are already asking what's the challenge is next month!





No comments: