The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Handmade Sausages

My first attempt at making sausages. The stuffing part went better than expected and they look pretty good, don't they? This one's Sweet Italian Sausage. (Ground pork with salt, blk. pepper, paprika, fennel seeds, thyme, basil, garlic, and sage.)
The kids helped me out, they cranked while I held the hog casing. I found a sausage stuffer/meat grinder/pasta maker at a discount store for $10. It was like a sign, I had been thinking about doing this and then I find this thing.
The other one is Breakfast Maple Sausages. Both sausages tasted pretty good, but were a little on the dry side, I used pre-ground pork. Next time I'll grind my own pork so I can get the fatty kind to make some juicy sausages.

No comments: