The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

We went down to San Diego for Thanksgiving. The kids had the whole week off, so we went down on Tuesday and stayed for five days. First day there, Sage tells my dad about this Charger helmet my dad was given by a Charger player many years ago that he had been wanting. He says, you can have it. Boy, was Sage happy.

Teru takes them to the batting cages...














My dad made us some mochi with his mochi-maker...





The kids help shape them. They really enjoy this part. We always get to eat one afterwards. Fresh made mochi is really good...






Look at all that mochi. My parents had an extra mochi-maker sitting in their garage that they let me have. Now we can make our own mochi! Turns out this machine can also knead bread dough, and I can even make my own udon noodles. More homemade stuff I can make...






Having Pho noodles for lunch. These noodles are really good. It's been a long time since we've had these...








Ordered some Thai tea with boba... yummy...









Thanksgiving night...David's parents house. His brother, Jimmy had visited from Colorado Springs. We hadn't seen them since they moved a year ago. Their kids had grown so much in a year's time. It was good seeing them again...









Next morning, woke up at 3:50am to go shopping. It's been an annual thing. The deals are just too good to pass up. This year one of my stops was the Sports Authority. They were passing out cards that you scratch off a dollar amount, and you get that amount off your total. Without thinking too much about it, I scratched off $100! Times like this, I feel like someone's looking out for me..



Sekai brought his Wii...the kids LOVED it. Abby said, I know what I'm going to ask Santa! Yeah, right. Santa's not that generous...










Even my parents got into it...












My parents don't really exercise. This may be good for them. I hear you can work up a good sweat...














Friday night dinner at my parents...make-your-own-sushi. The kids love sushi. It's something we don't get to eat too often...













The group picture we always take before going home...














On the way home, stopped off in Pala, near Temecula for some persimmon picking. The kids always enjoy u-pick places...


































A good few days for the kids. Nothing but play...

















1 comment:

Mary Collier said...

Wow - looks like you guys had a fun time in SD. Yummy looking food too. More stuff to make, awesome.