The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Like a Child with a New Toy

I had a birthday a few weeks ago, and with my b-day $$$ got myself an ice cream maker. I had wanted one for a while now, but had always thought it would take years for the savings to add up to its cost and never got one. Now that the price of ice cream has gone up to a ridiculous $6 for 1.5 qts of Dreyer's (everything's overpriced in my area for that matter...), I finally got one. I got a Cuisinart ICE-20, which had very good reviews and wasn't too expensive at $50.
























There were so many things I wanted to make as my first ice cream. Everything sounded oh so good. Choosing something I could make with what I had at home, I ended up making Cantaloupe Sorbet. It was different and sounded very refreshing. And it was really good. And only three ingredients: water, sugar, and cantaloupe. The kids and I were so excited, we kept peeking inside as it churned. I can't help thinking about what else I can make. Pretty soon, I'll want a bigger freezer...^_^

1 comment:

saffron said...

oh wow, yummo!

My Grandpa used to make ice cream when I was a kid, with a hand-crank old variety. Nothing's better than home made ice cream. I see those vanilla beans being put to good use!