The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Simplest Muffins


A muffin recipe courtesy of King Arthur Flour. I'm a sucker for recipes that claim 'no-fuss'. Mufins are like healthy cupcakes, and are an easy snack. My add-ins were some cinnamon chips and I sprinkled some oats on top. My only gripe is that they started to get hard the next day, but they were very simple indeed. These were made last week, and possibly the last baked good for a while. My oven broke AGAIN, and this time I can't figure out what it is. I figure it's some sort of electrical wiring thing. So, unfortunately I may have to call a repairman and he can figure it out. And the sucky thing is that I was making bread when the oven stopped working, so I have some bread dough sitting in my freezer just waiting to be baked!

1 comment:

PJH said...

Gosh, sorry about your oven. Glad you liked the muffins - too bad they were getting hard. Did you store them in plastic wrap and use the entire amount of butter or oil? Well, hope your oven recovers soon... and in the meantime, enjoy microwaving... PJ Hamel, King Arthur Flour baker/blogger