The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Who Knew?


I got this sample in the mail today, microwaved chocolate cake. This concept was kinda strange, making cake in the microwave. I guess I haven't really thought of the microwave as anything but something to heat up or melt stuff with, or pre-cook my potatoes. It came with a small pouch of dry ingredients, add some water and mix, drizzle the fudge frosting and zap for 30 seconds, then let sit for 2 minutes. And there it was, chocolate cake! Since this was a "mini" version, the kids and I each got two bites and it was gone. Now that I can't use my oven, this thing's got me looking at microwave baking. Who knew you can make bread and cookies in your microwave! I'm sure it's not a good as using you oven, but it should be interesting...

No comments: