The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Placemat Tote Bag

I found some placemats at a yard sale for only ten cents so I turned them into a tote bag. It went pretty smoothly for the edges are already finished. Did the outside and attached the straps...


...and made a big mistake of trying to add a liner, with a pocket too, just to make things more difficult. The size of the liner didn't match the outside, it was a little too narrow. On top of that, I sewed it on backwards! So I seam ripped it all and sewed it back up. There's too many little errors I don't feel right putting it up in my etsy store, so it may be a gift for my mom. ^_^

It does look cute though. I'll be a little smarter next time.

No comments: