The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Another new bread for me, Cinnamon Raisin Bread. Found the recipe at Allrecipes.com, thanks to Faye Salisbury. The bread turned out well, the inside was nice and fluffy. I wasn't too happy with the crust, though. Too crunchy/flaky like French bread. The recipe had asked to grease surface of the dough after it was shaped and going through the second rising. And also brush with melted butter before and after baking. I got a little lazy and skipped this step, thinking, will it really make that big of a difference? Well, turns out, it might of. So definitely next time I will be sure to do this step.

Makes 3 loaves, perfect since one loaf is never enough around here, and I had an extra one to give away. One loaf stuck to the pan and tore a little coming out, thus the strange looking loaf in the middle.

My raisins were a little dry, so I plumped them up by cooking them with apple juice. They came out nice and juicy. This bread would be great with just the raisins too. I'd double the amount, since it would of been nice to have more bites with the raisins in them. But everyone was happy with the bread.

No comments: