The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Miraculous Spinach Quiche

That was the title of this recipe... A quiche that makes its own crust. What?! Is that possible? I had to find out. We like quiche, but making the crust isn't something I really don't care for. Sometimes I'd rather spend the money to buy a frozen crust rather than make one. It's not that hard to make, but I just get lazy when it comes to that. I've tried making a crustless quiche, but the eggs stuck so bad to the pan, it took many washings and scrubbing to get it all off. Never again. So when I saw this recipe, a self-crust forming quiche, it was like a light shining down. I had high hopes, which unfortunately weren't met. The recipe came from King Arthur, a good site, so it couldn't be that bad, right? Turned out tasting like a pan full of stuffing. The recipe calls for wheat flour, baking powder, butter, eggs, spinach, salt, onions, dry milk, ricotta cheese, thyme and nutmeg, and shredded cheese all mixed in one bowl. So, as you can imagine the egg and flour mixture kinda made it funky. I had forgotten to add the sour cream topping, but it probably wouldn't of made a difference. Emi and Abby liked it though, they tend to like almost anything. I'm a little bummed this didn't turn out as I had hoped. Darn.
We had this for dinner, with some sun-dried tomotes chicken sausages from Trader Joe's, a salad, rice, and some french bread. Guess what's going to be in the kids' lunch tomorrow...

No comments: