The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

President's Week

Since the Pueblo didn't happen (good thing too, heard it snowed and I KNOW the kids would of be whining and complaining the whole time), and the kids had the week off, we headed down to San Diego to see my parents and my brother Teru. A trip to the zoo was planned for Wednesday, but it has to be the one day it rained so we didn't go. They still had fun just hanging out with Teru.
The first day we played a little baseball at the park and some basketball...
Teru made some margaritas with Patron tequila and cointreau...
The kids wanted to shake it too (great face, huh?) Abby's a freak...
It must of been at least 10 years since I've had a margarita. I'm not a fan of tequila so I really didn't care to have one, but it turned out to be really good. Not real tequila-y and pretty refreshing with a lot of lime juice. I saw a recipe for Citrus Tequila, in addition to lime juice, there's OJ and grapefruit juice. That could be good...
My dad got some crab. That too has been years since my last one. A lot of work, but it was good. He was having a lot of fun (maybe a little too much) chasing the kids around with it. Man, they were screaming so loud, they were so scared...
Sage worked up the nerves to touch one...
My mom and Emi leg wrestling. If you've never done this before, it is more about pain tolerance rather than strength. The bone against bone really HURTS (as you can tell from my mom's facial expression).
...and we came home to some snow and more snow tomorrow. Glad I brought home a lot of food, our fridge and freezer is stuffed. I won't have to go shopping for a while :)

No comments: