The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Friday, August 15, 2008

Apple Bread


David likes to take baked goods on his rides and I knew he was doing a long one so I asked him, would you like banana bread or apple bars? (Since these were two I had made in the past that he liked.) He replies, apple bars with the texture of a banana bread. Well, I guess that means an apple quick bread? This was a new one for me, so I was curious how it'd go. I found a recipe online with good reviews. As suggested, I subbed applesauce for the vegetable oil, and decreased the sugar by 1/2 cup, and also used half white sugar and half brown sugar. Overall, it turned out pretty well, it's funny cuz Abby the Queen of Eating, didn't like it. It tastes doughy, she says. (I think it's supposed to be like that.) It was a tad on the dry side, so next time I'll add some sour cream to give it some moisture, since that's what I add to my banana bread, and maybe some raisins or cinnamon chips?

No comments: