The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

DB Challenge - Chocolate Eclairs

This month's Daring Baker challenge: Pierre Herme's Chocolate Eclairs. My first thought was, yeay! This month was hosted by Tony and Meetak, and I'm so glad they chose a fun one. The only requirement of this challenge was that it had to have chocolate in there somewhere. The glaze, filling, or both! I opted for the glaze and found a pastry cream recipe elsewhere. I used a plain vanilla pastry cream, which was very good but didn't make enough for the recipe so my eclairs weren't quite filled as much as I liked. But overall, they turned out great and my kids were ecstatic!
How can I resist making one with sprinkles for my kids?
Made just a few cream puffs with the leftover dough.
And since there wasn't enough filling to fill all of them, and this dough is not the tastiest of things eaten plain, so I fancied them up and they turned out quite good. Can't wait to see what's in store next month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your eclairs look fantastic! And who can resist sprinkles?

Mary Collier said...

yeah, they tasted pretty fantastic too. Thanks for the treats. Hope you're havin' fun in SD.

Mary