The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

SSWC - Part 3

Day 4: Dropped David off at Skyline so he could get a ride in, and we took off to the Farmer's Market in Napa. The market was kinda small, but nearby I found a neat little store that makes their own salami and other meat products, The Fatted Calf. I've been thinking about making my own salami so I had to stop in.

We drove through the downtown area, and Sage spotted a park. Funny how kids have an eye for these things.

Heading north to Calistoga, found a brewery in St. Helena. As we were driving through this town, David says, St. Helena... that sounds like a place that would have a brewery. So we kept our eyes open and found one.

Calistoga Geyser. One of only three in the world that are "faithful" meaning they blow on a regular basis. This one blew every 30-45 minutes, and lasts about 1-2 minutes.

We were feeling goofy and so I took this funny pic. We were laughing pretty hard.


Another brewery stop in Calistoga.
Day 5: The big race




So many people all dressed up ready to have fun.
Here's Scott in his tighty-whites. Looks comfortable, doesn't it?

Vacation was fun, but it's always good to be back home.



1 comment:

Polliwog said...

Holy cow, his hair! I guess it's been a really long time since I saw him last. Wait, it hasn't been that long. 8 or 10 months, I think. His hair must grow really fast. I hope you're all doing well. Tell everyone I said hello.