The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy 2009!

Wow, what a week. We headed down to San Diego after x-mas for nine days. My brother's been housesitting for we went there for a night. The kids like spending the night at places other than home, it's like vacation.
Ate some tamales and Mexican pastries for breakfast at some parking lot. The tamales were really good. It's got me thinking about making another attempt at making them.
Robb Field, near Ocean Beach.

Tried some Vietnamese sandwiches. There were some sweet pickled radishes and carrots in them. Interesting and different, but were quite good.



Visited the Japanese Friendship Garden in Balboa Park where my younger brother works.



Saw an exhibit by Minoru Koide, who makes neat stuff like bowls and vases out of blocks of wood.



Mission Bay Park. We turned the playground into an obsticle course.






Hiked Cowles Mtn.






Allied Gardens Rec Center.






New Year's Eve dinner. Make-your-own sushi handrolls. Mmmm.












New Year's Day breakfast.










Mitsu brought some fireworks he found at a Chinese store.







Everyday was good food and drink.










Found some sort of Charger rally thing in front of Junior Seau's restaurant. Different radio stations set up booths with games where you can win stuff. We all did good.





















Family picture. My kids in the front, parents off to the right, sister-in-law and nephew in the middle, and me with my two brothers in the back.
And then I came home to find I have two Etsy sales! 2009's off to a good start...












No comments: