The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Delicious Pumpkin Bread

I'm a sucker for recipe titles that include words like delicious, the best, to die for. I had never made pumpkin bread, wasn't even sure if I'd like it since I really don't care for pumpkin pie. But I had a can of pumpkin lying around, felt like baking but didn't want to spend too much time on it, so good ol' quick bread it was. This recipe was found on AllRecipes, it was a recipe she got from her mom, and had good reviews, so it was the one I picked. Oh, and it was called, Delicious Pumpkin Bread.
Pretty much followed the recipe. The only modification was the sugar amount. 3 cups of sugar for two 9x5 loaves (since I didn't have three 7x3 pans called for in the recipe) just seemed like too much. So instead I used 2/3 c. white sugar, 2/3 c. brown sugar, and 2/3 c. raw (turbinado) sugar. I threw in the raw sugar since that's the sugar I use in my banana bread. Overall, the bread was quite pleasant. Not to sweet and the spices weren't overpowering. The kids ate it, which was a good thing.

No comments: