The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

How is This Possible?

Japan has so many bento accesories and tools to help make the neatest creations. Just posted at Just Bento, an egg former that shapes the EGG YOLK. How this works, is beyond me. It just doesn't seem possible, but seeing is believing. This thing is called DREAMLAND, costs 1575 yen (about $15). Cool, huh?

Since we're on the topic of bento...another cool gadget, a nori (seaweed sheets) cutter. Awwww, these are so cute! These come in different faces too, like Hello Kitty just to name one.




4 comments:

Colette said...

Those are so adorable! I've always wanted to get into Bento making.

hadie said...

haha, I subscribed to most of the feeds for those bento sites you have linked on your page. I love them! I'm having so much fun. The girls and even Tyler look forward to my attempts at preparing them a bento for school lunch. I don't have the real stuff, but I'm using what I can find. lol I love the nori stampouts! One of these days I WILL make it to the Japanese store in San Diego! ^_^ Do you have any idea how they make the "blush" on the onigiris?? Is is just food dye?

Mother Bliss said...

I think it's that pink stuff in Futomaki sushi rolls. Those big fat rolls with spinach, egg, shiitake, kampyo (gourd), and this pink stuff. I think it kinda like pink sugar because it's sweet, but maybe made out of shrimp? Don't quote me though. I'm drawing a blank and can't remember what it's called. Sorry...

Bliss Art said...

hi mommy
that is so awesome!!!
:)