The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Oh, I have waited soooooooo long for this day. Seemed like the longest ten days of my life. My shirts are FINALLY done! 155 shirts and caps, 9 teams. Many times I have said to myself, "What have I gotten myself into?" and moments of frustration and tiredness nibbling at my soul making me think, "I don't want to do this anymore." But I had already received the deposit, had hundreds of dollars of shirts, caps, and supplies sitting here, so I had to keep going. I really didn't think I'd finish in time, but I did, just one hour before when it was to be delivered. Since this was the first time making this many shirts with nine different variations, I had no idea how time consuming it would end up being. I split it up so there was a certain amount that needed to be accomplished each day, otherwise I would not make the cut. So all day I worked, anywhere from 10 to 13 hours a day well into midnight on many nights, knowing the end will come. And today, it did. Oh, what a relief it is. The sad thing is, although the job paid about $1000 (which is great for working 10 days), all of it is going to pay the supplies we needed to get the job done. But the next job will be mostly profit, so all is good. And besides, it went into the business so I can't complain. And a big thanks to my hubby for cooking when he was home and taking care of the kids.

The caps were the most frustrating of all, the seam in the middle just caused so much trouble. Next year, I think it'll be worth it to buy replicas.
My workroom (a.k.a. our 2nd bathroom).

All in all, a good learning experience and a good opportunity to practice A LOT. Some things are becoming easier and faster. I have been looking at heat transfer presses lately. Something I'd like to get someday. Print the image on the computer and press onto shirt. Done in minutes, no chemicals, no stress, and less margin of errors. The first few days I made so many mistakes, I'm stuck with a lot of blems which my family will end up wearing. ^_^ Lucky (?) Sage, he has a lot of baseball shirts now!

No comments: