The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Simple & Homemade

I like recipes that allow me to make things homemade, yet are simple and don't require lots of time to make, but still taste good too. ^_^


Like... Simples Scones and Microwave Lemon Curd. I made the lemon curd last night so it can cool and thicken overnight, and made the scones this morning for a nice fresh baked breakfast. I was a little skeptical about the lemon curd (can something made in the microwave be just as good?) so I cut the recipe in third. But it turned out very good and tart. I had never made lemon curd before and for some reason thought it would be difficult or it wouldn't turn out. So glad I found this recipe. And the scones, the butter is frozen and grated, which was nice since I don't like cutting butter with my pastry cutter "to resemble crumbs" part of the usual scone recipe. The scones were delish!

No comments: