The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Expanding My Cooking Repertoire

There's been a few foods that has been David's thing and so I never touched them. Mostly crockpot dishes, beef stew, chili, lentil soup, and split pea soup. Crockpot cooking seems more like an Western thing, I can't recall my mom ever cooking with a crockpot, although I've seen one lying around the house. (Must of been a gift.) But in the past couple years, I've started cooking with one during the winter. It makes the house smell so nice, and it's nice not having to slave in the kitchen all day.




There had been one dish left that I hadn't make yet, split pea soup. And I just knocked it off the list. Quite simple and tasty.


Served along some crusty French bread rolls. These rolls came out really good, possibly one of the best rolls so far. The crusty crust was just so good.

No comments: