The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Saturday, December 08, 2007

It's Snowing!!!!

Abby wakes me up around 7 am, "It's snowing!!!" It's too early in the morning to get up, especially on a Saturday. "I don't care!", but she didn't get the hint, so I got up to look so she'd go away. Man, it was cold this morning, I didn't want to get out of my warm bed. And, I wanted to sleep in a little bit.

It was the first real snow of the season. It really makes it feel like the holidays when it's snowing. It snowed for a good part of the day, but that didn't stop the kids from playing.


Our street... it's so pretty when everything's all white. There's this peacefulness that's hard to find in everyday life...


Looking down at our backyard...



It finally got cold enough to pull out the kotatsu. It's a Japanese table with a heating unit underneath, it's such a cool piece of furniture. As you can imagine, once it's out, the kids hang out there a lot. It's a great place to take a nap too.








Look at those cute little squirrel paw prints!



Snow Angels!




I'm Superman! (or should I say, Supergirl!)



Goofying around with the neighbor girls...

My snowman...

Sage making an igloo..

Tried Ham Jerky today. Took only 1 1/2 hrs, which was nice. Not too much waiting. Pretty tasty too. Had also tried salami, but that one was just a little too salty for me.

Made some Focaccia for dinner. One of the easier breads to make...

Our dinner tonight: Crockpot Lentil Soup (the house smelled so nice...I could even smell it outside), Focaccia, and some Broccoflower (a first for us.) A nice simple meal.

No comments: