The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Mission Accomplished

Made toffee today. And they came out good. I was so happy, since I was starting to get discouraged since each time had failed. Surprisingly, with the altitude adjustment of subtracting 12 degrees, it looked underdone, so I cooked it according to the recipe and it came out perfect. It was so simple and quick, I think I'll start making my own toffee bits for baking too. I spread it out on a cookie sheet, sprinkled chocolate chips on it, let it melt a little bit and spread it, and sprinkled some coarsely chopped almonds on top. I might try pouring into a baking pan next time to make them thicker, then dip them in chocolate and roll in nuts, kinda like Almond Rocas, but with a bigger toffee chunk. Wouldn't that be heavenly?

No comments: