The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I Cheated

I wanted to bake today, had initially planned on making lemon bars, but noticed I didn't have enough powdered sugar. I didn't feel like driving into town, so I pushed that aside till tomorrow. But I still wanted to make something and remembered this Matcha Green Tea baking mix from Trader Joe's sitting in my pantry for about a year. So I made that instead. Although it wasn't from scratch, it's still baking, and the cake was good.




I had the dehydrator running since yesterday. This time it was kiwis and persimmons. The kiwis were sour and tart, I had expected sweet. But as David says, if I think of them as sour gummies, they're not bad. The kids liked them though. They enjoy sour things and suck on lemons. The persimmons are a second time around. This time I left the skins on, which helped them from shrinking too much. We need to go pick some more persimmons...


No comments: