The food part of this blog has moved to http://motherblissmunchies.blogspot.com I'll see all you foodies over there!

Saturday, December 15, 2007

South Fork Trail

It's been a while, (bad weather, laziness, and other priorities,) since I've hiked. I was starting to feel like a big slug. My treadmill was turning into a clothes rack, and my body was beginning to prepare for winter. But I was missing hiking, and we finally got a chance to go out.

There was snow still on the local trails, so we drove down lower to the South Fork Trail off Hwy 74, to some dry land...


Looking at our snow capped mountain...


The weather was nice, not too cold...


Some snow still hanging around...



The trail descended to the South Fork of the San Jacinto River. It's always nice to see some water... A possible location for some primative camping...




Walking down means walking up. Good thing this part wasn't too long. But my knees weren't too happy. I could definitely feel my out-of-shapeness...













It was nice to get out and exercise, and spend some time with David.





No comments: